I have forgotten or misplaced my PIN code. What do I do?
If you can’t remember your PIN code, you can always enter your licence key as a master PIN code.
Letters in the licence key have to be entered by using the letters beneath the numbers on the keypad. For example, to enter the letter “J”, hit the “5” button one time.
Once you have successfully entered the licence key, you can change the PIN code by going to “Lock” under platform settings and choose “Setup new code“. From here, you will be asked to enter a new PIN code and to confirm your new PIN code by entering it a second time.
Meaning of icons (platform-specific)
All over the platform, you will be faced with a lot of different icons that you can press to access a certain action or function.
The following is a list containing the most common of these icons and their meaning.
Quit: Shut down the platform
Close: Close the current screen/window
Gear icon: Go to platform settings
Filter: Create/select a game filter for the platform
Help/Information: Takes you to a help page that contains short introduction videos and additional information about the game
Languages: Takes you to the list of available languages
Sound: Lets you adjust the volume
Game layout (all sides): Present games for all sides of the screen
Game layout (one side): Present games for only one side
Meaning of icons (game-related)
Inside the games, you will be faced with a lot of different icons that you can press to access a certain action or function.
The following is a list containing the most common of these icons and their meaning.
Play icon: Start a game / initiate an action
Gear icon: Go to game settings
Exit: Leave the game
Back: Go one step back
Image selector: Select images for the upcoming game
See picture: Shows you the picture that you can upload
Upload picture: Generate a QR code that makes it possible to upload and save the picture
Upscale/downscale screen size: Up- or downscale the size of the screen
Hardware input: Connect another device as controller for the game
How to get to platform settings
By pressing the “Settings” tab from the home screen, you will be met by the following screen:
From here, you can proceed in one of three ways:
- Press the gear icon to proceed to settings,
- press the “Quit” button to exit the platform, or
- change the game layout to “all sides” (practical when, for example, four players are playing simultaneously on a horizontal device, e.g. a smart table) or to “one side” (e.g. when playing on a smartboard).
Additionally, you can adjust the volume of the platform by using the slide bar at the bottom of the screen (unless this function has been disabled under the sound settings).
If you want to exit the platform settings and return to the home screen with the overview of available games, simply press the X in the top right corner of the screen.
If you press the “Settings” icon, you will be asked to enter the pin code in order to proceed to the platform settings. This is to prevent ordinary users from being able to change the settings of the platform.
Once you have entered the correct code, the platform will lead you to the following page:
Here, you can view and edit the settings within six categories that are displayed as individual tabs on the left side of the screen: General, sound, language, filter, lock, and support.
How to select/change the language of the platform
If you press the language tab on the frontpage of the platform, you will be able to choose from a list of languages which language should be displayed on the platform.
If you don’t see the language you’re looking for on the list, please go to the platform settings pages and visit the “language setup” page. If the language that you want is shown among the available languages, but the language is not written in blue font please press the box containing the language in question. This should also make the language appear under “Default language” and make it possible for you to choose it when you go back to the language selection page.
Help pages for the games
By selecting a game on the platform and then pressing the “Help” button, you will be led to a page with short video clips that demonstrate the gameplay. In the bottom left corner of the help page, you will also find a QR code. If you scan the QR code, you will be led to a page with additional, useful information, such as learning objectives, short videos showing the gameplay of the selected game, and detailed descriptions of different game settings.
How to download the newest version
The current version of the Weco Play platform on your device is always shown at the bottom right corner when you go to the front page of the platform settings. If a newer, updated version of the platform is available, it will say so just below the details of the current version.
If you have downloaded the platform via the Google Play Store and your device is connected to the internet, it is possible to get it to update automatically whenever a new version is available. The easiest way to manually download the newest version of the platform onto your device is to go to the general platform settings, select “Settings” and then press the box marked “OPEN” in the section “Download update”. This will open the native browser and lead you to the homepage where you can download the latest version of the platform for either Windows or Android.
There are eight types of general settings that you can adjust.
- Built-in filters: Gives you access to built-in filters when enabled. Can be turned off to limit access to games. Remember to set up at least one customised filter before disabling the access to the built-in filters.
- Remember filter: When turned on, this setting remembers the last filter settings from when the platform was shut down. If this setting is disabled, the “All” filter is selected by default.
- Scale size: Here, you can set the size of the screen when enabling the downscale function in a game. You can choose a scale size from 35-95%. When using a scale size below 75%, a resolution of at least 4k is recommended.
- Always scale: If enabled, this setting forces scaling to the set size. When combined with a 95% scale size, this function can be used for reducing false system gestures near the screen edge.
- Homescreen: You can decide between having the home screen of the platform shown as a split-screen or as a single view.
- Game orientation: Here, you can change the game layout to “all sides” (practical when, for example, four players are playing simultaneously on a horizontal device, e.g. a smart table) or to “one side” (e.g. when playing on a smartboard).
- Small device: By enabling this setting, games will be optimised for small screens and two-player action. This setting is recommended for screens between 10” to 23” in size.
- Download update: Pressing “OPEN” will activate the native browser and lead you to the page where you can download the latest version of the platform.
There are four types of sound settings that you can adjust.
- Volume slider: By choosing on/off, you will enable/disable the volume slider function on the front page of the platform settings.
- Audio boost: By turning the audio boost on, you will increase the audio gain. Enabling the audio boost function may, however, have a negative impact on the sound quality.
- Text to speech: Enabling the text-to-speech function will allow users to double-tap a text/word on the home screen or inside the games and have it read aloud to them.
- Default volume level: Here, you can adjust the default volume level of the platform from 0-100%.
By pressing the language tab, you will be able to choose which of the available languages should be used on the platform.
At the top of the screen, you see an overview of all available languages you can choose from. Once one of the available language tabs has been pressed, the colour of the letters inside the tab will turn blue and the language will automatically appear below as an option under “Default language”. Pressing the same language tab again removes it from the list of possible default languages.
The language that is selected as the default language will determine the language of the platform unless any other language is chosen. However, if another language is chosen in the language selection on the home screen, this language will temporarily override the default language. When the platform is shut down and re-started, the selected default language will again automatically be the chosen language on the platform.
The platform comes with four filters that are already setup:
- All: All games of the platform are displayed on the home screen and can be selected by the players
- Language: Only games that include language learning objectives are shown to the players
- Math: Only games whose learning objectives are rooted in maths are shown to the players
- Preschool: Only games that are marked as suitable for preschool are shown to the players
You cannot delete these filters, but by going to “General settings” and turning built-in filters off, you can deactivate all four so they won’t appear on the list of possible filters to choose from. Beware, however, that you can only deactivate the four pre-made filters if additional customised filters exist.
How to create a filter
By going through the following five easy steps, you can create your own customised filter that only consists of games that you have selected.
1. Press the button “New filter”
2. Use the keyboard to give your filter a name. When you’re done with naming your filter, press the button “Next” at the bottom of the screen. Or, if you want to go back to the starting page of the filter setup, simply press “Back” or “Delete”.
3. Select the games that you want to add to your filter. Once you have pressed one of the game thumbnails, the image will light up. This means that this game has been added to your filter. If you wish to remove it from your filter, simply press the thumbnail again and the image will be greyed out meaning that it is no longer selected.
4. Select an icon that will be shown together with the name of your filter. Once you have selected an icon, press the “Done” button, and your filter has been created.
5. Your filter will now be visible on the front page of the filter setup, as well as on the overview of filters when you press the “filter” tap on the home screen.
How to edit or delete a filter
If you want to delete your filter, simply select the filter from the filter setup page and press the “Delete” button in the bottom right corner.
Instead of deleting the filter, you can also edit the name of the filter, the selection of games, or the icon of the filter.
Under the lock settings, you can do the following:
- create a new pin code for the platform,
- enable/disable the requirement of entering a code before being able to shut the platform down, and
- enable/disable the requirement of entering a code before being able to change the filter settings.
Only use this page if you have contacted our support team and they have advised you to visit the support section of the platform.